Dec 14, 2010

Finally

With only 3 weeks left in the month of December, we FINALLY put up our Christmas tree. I have been on the hunt for a new one all season but never found the right tree or price. I gave in and decided to just put up the one we've been using the last 3yrs. The reason I'm tired of it though is because it's not as FULL as I would like to see our tree...even though I spread out all the little limbs...you still see gaps. Not to mention 2 limbs on the bottom on one side of the tree are about 1inch lower than the rest of the lower limbs because of two cats who attempt to climb the tree and knock off ornaments. We have learned over time not to put breakable/valuable ornaments on the lower half of the tree and I try to wrap our gifts as soon as they're bought so we can block them getting under the tree.


Who am I kidding? Cats . always . find . a . way .

I wanted to share this picture of one of our new ornaments for 2010. During our honeymoon in May we made a short pitstop at Disney, I made sure to look for a 'married' ornament (I'm trying to get a new ornament each year). I came across this adorable Engagement Ring with Mickey and Minnie sitting in the middle as bride and groom. I just love it :)



I'll be honest though, all I can think about is my grandmother in the hospital recovering from chemotherapy. I know people get sick, I know people pass away but it feels so much different when it's one of your own. I hope by some miracle she's at home by Christmas but we're taking it one day at a time. My mom, brother, sister-in-law and I are planning to donate platelets on Christmas Eve. If you or someone you know would like to donate platelets in my Grandmother's name, please contact Atlanta Blood Center at 404-459-8744 to schedule an appointment. Atlanta Blood Services' main location is located on the Northside Hospital Campus at The Tower at Northside at 5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite # 1075, Atlanta GA 30342. Atlanta Blood Services' second location is in Cobb County - 220 Cobb Parkway North, Suite #100, Marietta, GA 30062. If you decide to donate blood or platelets, please give them Betty Fulbright's name so they can connect the two.

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in donating platelets, but im working very inconvenant to regular life hours at work the next couple of weeks. How long do i have to donate? And what do i have to do to 'prep'? Text/facebook me so i get the responce quickly incase i have a quick break to run to ATL

    ReplyDelete