Aug 24, 2010

Feelings

irritable (ˈɪrɪtəb ə l)


— adj

1. quickly irritated; easily annoyed; peevish

2. (of all living organisms) capable of responding to such stimuli as heat, light, and touch

3. pathol abnormally sensitive

As women, a lot of times we're expected to suppress our feelings/emotions because it "gets the best of us" or "will construe our judgment"- - LOAD OF CRAP. I've found in my short years as an actual adult, that doesn't work so well. The longer I hold something in the more aggitated I become. So sometimes we can be irrational but at least we're honest. We might say things we'll regret later but why should we regret it - - if it's intution or even instinct that gave us that thought, feeling or emotion then it's the TRUTH whether we want to believe it or not it is.

Lately I've noticed I'm more irritable..here are some examples

-A plate not being rinsed off (to my standards) before going into the dishwasher.
-Not finding a t-shirt that fits me comfortably.
-Getting hot when I blow dry my hair.
-These stupid drain flies we've been battling for the last few weeks.
-Getting aggravated at work because of customer's being rude on the phone or people sending us payments without an accompanied invoice number.
-An unclean toilet.
-People who put water in a bottle of soap to help it lasts longer (really it doesn't).
-People who don't care about personal hygiene.
-Liars, it doesn't matter how old you get, people still and always will lie (about stupid stuff to top the cake).
-Trying to explain something to someone but they only hears part of it and go off on a tangent about something I never said.
-People who try to tell you how to live your life, regardless of how old and responsible you are.

I know, this all sounds like normal stuff and I guess it is but just 1 teensy weensy little thing can make me flip my lid. I don't WANT it too but I guess most all of my life I've been passive aggressive, but now that I have my own things and live a certain way - - I'm tired of playing by society's rules. I'm tired of doing and saying what is "proper".

This reminds me of a quote from the movie Beetlejuice (not that all my complaints are about my HOUSE, I'm just saying...I can feel her excitement when she says this)

"If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane and I will take you with me!!!" - Delia Deetz

No comments:

Post a Comment