Aug 12, 2010

Come on Fall!

So what's new....well, it's still HOT. I'm remembering why I love Fall and early Spring so much better...soon though, we'll be in Fall and it will be beautiful. I love the way the air changes, the wind changes, the leaves turn colors, the entire process of Fall is so much more enjoyable to me than Spring/Summer. I mean I like to see things green but still...Fall is a lot more colorful - PLUS there's Halloween :)

Speaking of Halloween, we're trying to wrap up details on this years haunted house in Dahlonega. It will be my 3rd year volunteering but Rot N. Rusty's 10th year in production. I'm not quite sure what the theme will be for 2010 but we're hoping bigger, scarier...all the things that come with an awesome HAUNTED birthday. I just love volunteering for this. I've always loved haunted houses and scary movies so to finally play a character on the other side of the fence makes it rewarding. All of the volunteer's for Rot N. Rusty's donate their time and talents for FREE because all the proceeds from the haunted house go to a new charity every year. In the past because it's based in Dahlonega, we've dontated to the Lumpkin County Fire Department and Woodmen of the World. In 2009 we joined up with the Lumpking County Literacy Coalition. It's # 1 awesome to participate in something I already enjoy, #2 great to do it for a good cause. I will keep posting more details as the haunting seasons draws near so if ANYONE who reads my blog has the guts to come see me, can :)

1 comment:

  1. Defitely post more info about the haunted house. I would love to come!

    ReplyDelete